I would like to collaborate a partner in a project for the call Section 2 – Multi-topic 2019 -
Thematic area: Farming Systems
Topic 2.2.2 RIA Use and management of biodiversity as a major lever of sustainability in farming systems
I propose my activity concerning “The use of wild edible plant species in the Mediterranean countries”.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
Department of agricultural food and environmental sciences of University of Perugia.
The results of this activity will contribute to the following points:
- Valorisation of traditional and novel use of biodiversity in farming systems
- Increase sustainability and resilience of farming systems, particularly regarding the environmental and social (e.g. health of farmers) dimensions
- Increase of farmers’ income through ecologically sustainable productions
- Preservation of natural resources, including biodiversity
- Improvement of agroecosystem services and valorization of soils and crops
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.