1. Modelling, simulation as well as optimised and automated management of water treatment plants energy systems, through the development of digital solutions facilitating the integration of energy vectors such as:
- Renewable energy sources (PV, wind, hydropower…),
- Hydrogen (electrolyser, fuel cells),
- Biofuels (biogas, biomass) from sewage sludge and agricultural waste,
- Molten salt thermal energy storage
- Stationary energy storage
2. Modelling, simulation as well as optimised and automated management of energy communities, through the development of digital solutions facilitating decision making and automatization among community members. These energy communities shall include water treatment and agriculture for the provision of energy services and the joint use of energy resources (biomass, biogas, salt, hydrogen, RES).
3. Transformation of agriculture waste into high added value activated carbons for water filtering.
We can potentially bring stakeholders from Public Administration, companies and agriculture associations for a pilot in the Valencian Land linked to rice straw, fruit tree pruning waste, wetland ecosystem, water treatment plant and energy community including irrigators and tertiary SMEs.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
ITE - Instituto Tecnológico de la Energía
Valencian Land, Spain (EU)
Our driving mission is spurring innovation that contributes to the decarbonisation the economy and the energy transition. In align with the Energy Union, this transition points towards the achievement of a zero carbon, safe, secure and affordable energy system. State, market, research and civil society actors play all a role in this very key challenge for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
ITE has the objective of supporting market actors’ R+D+i activities in the field of Smart Grids, Sustainable Industry, Sustainable Transport and Energy Transition. This way ITE contributes to increasing energy efficiency as well as to advance on new energy and electric mobility technology developments, resulting in new solutions capable of adapting or even shaping regulatory frameworks and overcoming behavioural hurdles.
In order to offer these services and expertise, ITE counts with different infrastructures such as the Interoperability and communication Laboratory for Smartgrids, a Renewable Energy Pilot Plant, the Energy Demand Management
Laboratory, a battery tests Laboratory and the High Energy Laboratory.
Looking for partners in EU (excluding Spanish) and especially other Mediterranean regions.
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.