Topic 1.1.1 (RIA) Sustainable soil and water management for combating land degradation and desertification and promoting ecosystem restoration Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Alleviating Mediterranean water scarcity through adaptive water governance
Topic 1.2.1 (IA) Increasing environmental and socio-economic performance of small-scale farming systems through improvements in organisational aspects and new value chain governance models Topic 2.2.1 (RIA) Up-scaling field practices based on organic agriculture to increase ecosystem services and biodiversity, to adapt the small farming systems to climate change and to increase farmers incomes
Topic 1.4.1 (IA) Leveraging knowledge on the Nexus management of Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems resources in the Mediterranean region: from concepts to practical solutions
Water Management Research Institute
• Develop water management policies and strategies for efficient use of water resources in terms of best management practices and optimum distribution of irrigation water.
• Determine and estimate actual crop coefficients, crop consumptive use, and crop water requirements under different climatic conditions for optimum agricultural water use.
• Develop innovative methods and systems of irrigation networks, rehabilitation, and modernization of surface irrigation.
• Develop and assess new treated wastewater management technologies and practices for irrigation considering its environmental, economic, and social aspects and,
• Identify, adopt, develop and make available resources to improve information transfer on water resources management and technologies among different stakeholders.
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.