- Sofiane BOUDALIA
- Associate Professor (Team leader)
- [email protected]
- Université 8 Mai 1945
- Secondary or Higher Education Establishment
The Laboratory of Biology, Water and Environment (LBEE) is one of the twenty three research laboratories of the Université 8 Mai 1945 Guelma. The activities are led by four research teams composed of thirty six permanent researchers and thirteen PhD students. The “Production and quality of agricultural products” team developed several research programs related to Agronomy and Agrifood in different areas: milk production and transformation; animal production, food safety and toxicology; Technology and Quality Control. Moreover, in these programs a particular interest is given to the sustainable production of agricultural commodities, food safety and security.
- Topic 1.2.1-2023 (IA) Actions to restore and return degraded lands in the Mediterranean region into productive agroecosystems. | Topic 2.2.1 (RIA) A step toward carbon-neutral farms: coupling renewable energy sources with circular farming systems.
- Topic 1.3.1-2023 (RIA) Increasing agri-food supply chain (cereal) resilience in the MENA region. | Topic 2.3.1-2023 (RIA) Assessing novel antimicrobial food packaging and coating materials to reduce food waste to improve safety in the Mediterranean food supply chain.
- Topic 1.4.1-2023 (IA) Accelerate adaptation and mitigation to climate change in the Mediterranean region by deploying WEFE nexus solutions.
We are ready to work within a consortium on projects related to the characterization and valorization of local foods as well as the development of eco-friendly, and slow foods that can claim to provide better products for consumers while also being good for those who produce them and the environment. We are also interested in implementing solutions in farming systems that advocate for the transformation of agriculture, and consumption models into more sustainable systems (implementation of climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies, reduction of carbon footprint and greenhouse gas fluxes, substitution of fossil fuels with renewable energy, and preservation of locally adapted breeds). Our team is prepared to assist with the planning of the project events (conference, workshops, and meetings).