Home|EXPERT RESEARCH GROUP ON AGRICULTURAL WASTEWATER, EXTRACTION OF BIOMOLECULES WITH GREEN SOLVENTS AND NATURAL NITRIFICATION INHIBITORS, IS AVAILABLE TO JOIN A CONSORTION
EXPERT RESEARCH GROUP ON AGRICULTURAL WASTEWATER, EXTRACTION OF BIOMOLECULES WITH GREEN SOLVENTS AND NATURAL NITRIFICATION INHIBITORS, IS AVAILABLE TO JOIN A CONSORTION
Topic 1.1.1 (RIA) Sustainable soil and water management for combating land degradation and desertification and promoting ecosystem restoration Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Alleviating Mediterranean water scarcity through adaptive water governance
Topic 1.2.1 (IA) Increasing environmental and socio-economic performance of small-scale farming systems through improvements in organisational aspects and new value chain governance models Topic 2.2.1 (RIA) Up-scaling field practices based on organic agriculture to increase ecosystem services and biodiversity, to adapt the small farming systems to climate change and to increase farmers incomes
Topic 1.3.1 (IA) Increase adherence to the Mediterranean diet as a sustainable pattern including environmental, social and health aspects Topic 2.3.1 (RIA) Increasing the resilience of small-scale farms to global challenges and COVID-like crisis by using adapted technologies, smart agri-food supply chain and crisis management tools
Topic 1.4.1 (IA) Leveraging knowledge on the Nexus management of Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems resources in the Mediterranean region: from concepts to practical solutions
Green Chemical Process Engineering research group of University of Murcia Spain are expert on:
1) The use of green solvents such as carbon dioxide and Ionic liquids for green extraction
2) Production of biodiesel and bioethanol from renewable material such as plant and animal oils or carod pod.
3) Microbial fuel cell for waste water treatment.
Right now, we are developing a new project entitle “NATURE-BASED SOLUTION APPROACHES TO REDUCE NITRATE POLLUTION IN AGRICULTURE SYSTEMS” supporting by Regional and National grants. This project has as main objectives the following:
1) Evaluation of natural nitrification inhibitors to be applicated during fertirrigation to prevent the nitrate formation and accumulation in the environment. This step including the green extraction of the natural inhibitors (polyphenols) from waste olive oil.
2) Implementation of microbial fuel cell technology during plant food cultivation to promote the removal of nitrates of the environment.
3) Implementation of microbial fuel cell technology combined with constructed wetland for the treatment of effluents to reduce nutrient and pollutant concentrations before their discharge into the marine habitats.
We are interested in participate in PRIMA . If you believe we can collaborate as partner in your Project, please, do not hesitate to contact with us.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
University of Murcia is a reasearch and teaching organization
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.