We offer a PRIMA consortium:
- Biogas: new optimization methods of anaerobic digestion process. Biogas upgrading using algae and accelerated carbonation.
- Biohydrogen: H2 generation from biological sources and its use as an alternative fuel.
- Biomethane: Biogas upgrading systems to obtain biomethane by innovative low-cost methods such as biological methanation.
- Volatile Fatty Acids and other compounds production from Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Residues
- Agroforestry biomass: valuation of waste by thermochemical valuation and obtention of improved biofuels
- Application of natural gas, biogas and biomethane as alternative fuel in internal combustion engines
- Application of eco-innovation and circular economy strategies
- Access to several primary sector plants, livestock industry and other sources of feedstock.
- Computational modelling of the anaerobic digestion process.
- Assessment of emissions reduction from LCA approach: waste, wastewater and air pollution.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
EnergyLab is a technology centre recognised by the European Commission as an ATI Centre in biotechnology. The focus of our activity is on R&D&I linked to sustainable development and energy efficiency. We provide technical consultancy services specializing in energy, waste, mobility and industry 4.0. We also provide alternatives for the reduction of energy consumption, waste recovery and renewable energy production.
We are currently involved in 15 ongoing R&D projects in the field of energy efficiency, circular economy, biofuels or biorefineries. Among others, in the LIFE ULISES project, the H2020 project ESI Europe or several INTERREG projects (ESTRAEE, BIOMASA AP, GREENTOUR or NEPTUNUS).
OUR FACILITIES: - Specialized scientific and technological equipment to characterise both the products and waste from anaerobic digestion (biogas and digestates) and the biogas cleaning and purification process. - Space to study new biogas cleaning and upgrading (biomethane) in-lab methods which are economically attractive. Among them, it must be underlined: - Column for Chemical Absorption - Reactor to grow Hydrogenotrophic Archaea - CO2 Mineralization System - A photobioreactor to grow microalgae in order to capture CO2 and reduce the concentration of effluent’s nutrients. - It is also possible to accomplish experiments in batch and semi-continuous reactors - Alternative fuel engine test rig, equipped with regenerative braking and two combustion motors. Emissions monitoring system - Gas mixer capable of mixing up to 5 gases. - Programmable laboratory power supply (power profile emulation).
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.