Our role in PRIMA projects:
- Collection and analysis of needs of local end-users (e.g. farmers and their associations, Extension Services from agriculture authorities)
- On-field testing of developed solutions, in cooperation with concerned end-users in rural areas
- Capacity building and technolgy transfer towards local end-users
- Dissemination of project solution and results to local end-users, business and civil society players, national and local authorities.
Our contribution to the consortium:
- Consolidated knowledge of local context of Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia
- Strong relationships with local stakeholders to involve in projects:
national and local authorities (e.g. Ministries of Agriculture, municipalities)
community organisations (e.g. water users / farmers associations)
private companies (e.g. Nur Solar Systems - Jordan, Solaris -Lebanon)
- Ease to outreach local end-users/beneficiaries for demonstration and dissemination purposes.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
The Institute for the University Co-operation (ICU) is an Italian NGO working in development cooperation since 1966.
We help people doing better what they already do,
promoting self-development through:
capacity building by focusing on technology, expertise and capabilities transfer
strong, long-lasting partnerships with local communities and institutional stakeholders, which enables us to identify local issues faster and find the most efficient and timely solutions by making local stakeholders autonomous
Sectors: agriculture and rural development, water management, professional training, private sector development, renewable energy, sanitation.
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.