Topic 1.1.1 (IA) Implementing sustainable, integrated management of water resources in the Mediterranean, under climate change conditions. Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Low cost, lean solutions for enhancing irrigation efficiency of smallholder farmers
Topic 1.4.1 (IA) Demonstrating benefits of the Water-Ecosystem-Food Nexus approach in delivering optimal economic development, achieving high level of environmental protection and ensuring fair access to natural resources.
Interested in collaborating as partners in water resources Management:
- Implementing sustainable, integrated management of water resources in the Mediterranean, under climate change conditions.
- Low cost, lean solutions for enhancing irrigation efficiency of smallholder farmers
Developing guidelines for optimal on farm water management policies .
• Studying of water interactions in agricultural areas.
• Analysis of social and economic (aspects of on- farm water management policies).
• Conducting research on pilot schemes to investigate irrigation water use options.
• Drawing water management policies and strategies for efficient use of water resources.
• Determination and estimation of actual crop coefficient , crop consumptive use.
• Development of innovative methods and systems of irrigation networks.
• Identifying, adopting , developing and make available resources to improve information transfer on water resources management.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
The National Water Research Center (NWRC) as the research arm of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation (MWRI), is a center of excellence that prossesses the knowledge and expertise in water resources, dedicated to conduct applied research at the highest water policy-making level. NWRC is an inter-disciplinary research Center dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages basic and applied researches planning both traditional water-related disciplines, as well as non-traditional and emerging disciplines. Based upon, NWRC is mandated to provide innovative solutions and communicate them to the end users; therefore, enhance research uptake. NWRC’s organization consists of twelve research institutes; basically tackling the following water resources related topics: Irrigation and Drainage, Hydraulics, Hydraulic structures and Machinery, Surface and Groundwater Hydrology, Sediment Transport, Water Quality and Pollution Control, Coastal Protection and Lake/Shore Environment, Climate Change and Geo-Measurements Analysis, Water Socio-Economics. Each institute covers one or more of these research areas.
Kindly, Contact me directly to:
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.