Home|Participate as a partner in a project to groundwater resources research and determination of the use of water quality and irrigation water resources
Participate as a partner in a project to groundwater resources research and determination of the use of water quality and irrigation water resources
Topic 1.1.1 (RIA) Sustainable groundwater management in water-stressed Mediterranean areas Topic 2.1.1 (RIA) Bridging the gap between potential and actual irrigation performance in the Mediterranean Topic 2.1.2 (RIA) Management of low quality waters under water scarcity and climate change conditions
Agricultural water management, Crop water requirements,, Irrigation, Reconverting to drip irrigation system,, Water productivity, Water scarcity, abiotic stress, adaptation to climate change, groundwater recharge, groundwater sources, irrigation efficiency, irrigation management, irrigation water quality, salinity stress, water stress, water, agriculture, climate, water/soil salinity, • Agricultural water/energy management and irrigation systems and technology;, • Reuse of wastewater in agriculture;
NAME OF ORGANISATION:
Soil, Fertilizer and Water Resources Central Research Institute
We intend to participate to an already established consortium or to collaborate to the creation of a new one framework of groundwater resources research and determination of the use of water quality and irrigation water resources with low quality water for irrigation purposes as a partner.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
Soil, Fertilizer And Water Resources Central Research İnstitute/ Turkey works on achieving the following objectives:
1. We studies mainly on subjects such as planning irrigation systems and technologies with sustainable perspective, determining suitable and economic reclamation methods to improve the problematic (saline and alkaline) lands for agricultural production, developing suitable technologies for projecting, operating and managing the irrigation and drainage systems and schemes, developing computer models to reduce the risk of moisture and salinity on irrigated lands, determining factors which are causing water and soil contamination and the methods of tackling these problems, selecting the most suitable plant species depending on irrigation water quality, determining and investigating the possibility of using domestic and industrial wastewaters for irrigation, developing suitable technologies and establishing irrigation programs for optimum use of irrigation water under deficit water conditions, determining ways of renewable use of low quality irrigation waters.
We have test areas (field facilities) to conduct field tests with different water management. Also we can do field work in every region of Turkey.
2. Our institute became the first institution to be included in EFQM Global Excellence Index among the R & D services in our country.
- Soil Organic Carbon Project supported by FAO and the portal was integrated with the Geographical Information Systems Unit of the Institute.
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (UNFAO) has linked the Organic Carbon Maps produced by Institute was used for Turkey.
- "the Global Soil Laboratory Network - GLOSOLAN" on behalf of Turkey by the end of March 2018.
3. Providing laboratory services in accordance with international standard methods (TS EN ISO / IEC 17025, TS EN ISO / IEC 17043 ) for public, university, private sector. List of instruments available in the center:
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.