We are especially interested in projects developing new farming systems based on technologies as:
* low cost wireless sensors
* Remote sensing by drones/uavs
* Big data and machine learning
We are already researching in olive crops management systems based on low cost sensors and remote sensing by drones. We are looking for partners willing to add its expertise to this area. The project goals will be:
* Establish methodologies for the optimum use of water and fertilizers based on remote sensing data.
* Generate predictive models of crop behaviour for olive maturity and pest/disease impact.
* Generate tools for harvesting strategies for optimum olive quality and quantity.
We are open to incorporate any other interesting investigation line to the project.
DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ORGANISATION:
UTW in an engineering company that integrates drones with the latest technologies to provide high value services to its customers.
We are a company with an intensive R&D activity. We have a NEOTEC grant by Spanish Government and part of the European Space Agency business incubation programme. We have ISO 9001 certification for UAV/Drone operations.
We are specialist in olive crops in intensive and superintesive arrays.
We would like to incorporate our expertise and network to projects developing new systems to define water and nutrient needs and forecast crop behaviour.
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Mediterranean Area will devise new R&I approaches to improve water availability and sustainable agriculture production in a region heavily distressed by climate change, urbanisation and population growth
The PRIMA programme is an Art.185 initiative supported and funded under Horizon 2020, the European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation.